Newcastle Meals on Wheels Ltd recognises that each person has the right to privacy and confidentiality and to be treated with dignity. Newcastle Meals on Wheels Ltd is subject to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act and is compliant with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. As NMoW may hold sensitive personal information of clients, volunteers and staff, there is a higher moral and legal standard that applies to all its dealings.
Newcastle Meals on Wheels recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies and also reflected in this policy, which is compliant with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
NMoW is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. NMoW has adopted the following five principles as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
- Only collect information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
Enquires & Privacy Complaints
If you think there has been a breach of your privacy or you would like further information about the way NMoW manages the personal information it holds, please contact the General Manager on 0249 577097. If, after speaking with the General Manager, you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may contact any of the following external authorities:
Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission: 1800 951 822
NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission: 1800 035 544
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: 1300 363 992
Your Privacy Online
When you visit this website our analytics log’s the following:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using
- the address of the referring site
- the date, time and location (country) of your visit
- the addresses of the pages you opened and the time you spent on these
If you supply your contact details with us through our online forms, subscription or chat features- we will only disclose these details to certified personal to the directly related purpose, function or consent.